CNC Laser Cutting Machine Laser Frost Protection Guide
The cold weather in winter has arrived, and now many parts of the north are already at minus temperatures. In order to avoid damage to the laser cooling system caused by freezing of the coolant, we provide special technical information and solutions for antifreeze.
First, the basic principles and methods of antifreeze The liquid has a "freezing point", when the liquid temperature is lower than the "freezing point" temperature will solidify solid, and the volume of the deionized water or pure water will increase during the process of solidification, which will "support Bad water and cooling system piping and sealing connections cause damage. To avoid solidification of the cooling liquid causing damage to the laser, output head, and water cooler, there are 3 solutions:
1. If there is absolutely no power outage in the local area, do not turn off the water cooler at night. At the same time, save energy, and adjust the temperature of the low and normal temperature water to 5 to 10掳C to ensure that the coolant is in a circulating state and the temperature is not lower than the freezing point.
2. Drain the laser, laser output head, and cooling liquid inside the water cooler after use.
3. Use antifreeze as coolant.
Second, the use of antifreeze When the use of the environment often blackouts and does not have the conditions for emptying the daily coolant, you must use antifreeze. Antifreeze base fluid generally consists of alcohol and water, requiring a high boiling point and flash point, specific heat and conductivity, low temperature viscosity, not easy foaming, corrosion of metal parts, rubber hoses and so on. When selecting or dispensing antifreeze, the freezing point should be 5掳C lower than the lowest temperature in the environment.
1. Use ethanol for short-term antifreeze:
If there is a power outage and the cooling water cannot be drained, a temporary short-term freeze protection is required. Ethanol (alcohol) may be added to deionized or purified water. The amount added must not exceed 40% of the volume of the tank because ethanol is highly corrosive, Paints and rubber parts are corroded and corrosive to metals. Therefore, they cannot be used for a long time. They must be emptied within a week and the cooling pipes must be cleaned with pure or deionized water. If you still have antifreeze requirements, you must choose a special antifreeze.
2. Use a professional brand of special antifreeze:
It is recommended to choose the CLARIANT brand. There are two types of antifreeze used in laser systems:
1) Antifrogen?N Ethylene glycol-water type (industrial products, toxic to human body)
2) Antifrogen?L propylene glycol-water type (food grade, harmless to human body)
Note: Any antifreeze cannot completely replace deionized water and cannot be used for long periods of the year. After the winter, the pipe must be cleaned with deionized water or pure water, and deionized water or pure water should be used as a coolant.
If there are conditions, we still recommend improving the electricity environment, keeping the water cooler off, or upgrading the cooling water circuit design to make it easier and faster to drain the daily cooling water.
Third, if you want to avoid the laser water cooler freezing in a low-temperature environment, consider the following measures:
1. The recommended way to prevent icing is to keep the water cooler and laser in a temperature range above 0 degrees Celsius.
2. If the above conditions cannot be met, keep the laser and water cooler switched on. If the water in the pipeline is always flowing, it can prevent freezing. Of course, in this case, if the water cooler is shut down for a long period of time due to a fault or it is a power outage, there is also a certain risk of icing.
3. During the Chinese New Year holidays, if the above two points cannot be achieved, you can empty the laser and water tank and the water in the pipe as much as possible. Follow the instructions below. If the water cooler and the laser are not used for a long time, you need to empty the water in both the tank and the pipeline as much as possible. Please note the following:
(1). First, the water in the water cooler tank should be released according to the usual method; the water in the three transparent filter tubes should also be thoroughly drained.
(2). Effortlessly empty the water in the water cooler circuit. Remove the water pipe from the water cooler and use pressurized gas to vent the 4 inlet and outlet ports separately until the water in the water cooler pipe is substantially discharged.
(3). After removing the upper and lower two quick-insertion pipes of the deionization tank, blow the compressed air from top to bottom to blow the residual water in the deionization tank. Then connect the upper and lower quick water pipes back to the deionization tank. This basically guarantees that the deionized bucket will not freeze because of freezing.
(4). Remove the water pipe from the laser inlet and outlet, and use pressurized gas to vent the two inlet and outlet ports until the water in the internal water channel of the laser is substantially discharged.
(5). Finally, drain the water from the laser and other water piping outside the water cooler.
Four water pipes were removed from the water chiller, and then the four nozzles were each ventilated with a compressed gas until the residual water in the water chiller was blown out.